Model: SB - $14.95
This sight glass is a specialty item that I made up after getting several requests to do so. It is simply a polycarbonate sight tube threaded into a stainless bushing with 1/2" NPT male threads at the bottom. One use is to make your own thermometer/sight glass setup with your own 1/2" TEE and thermometer. Of course, we also sell the complete setups with thermometers and complete hardware elsewhere on the site. This SB kit comes as part of the LTS and LTSP sight tee kits.
- 19" Polycarbonate Tubing rated to 250F.
- Stainless Hardware
- Black Vinyl Numbers (you apply these as you calibrate the sight glass)
- Note: You must supply your own eyebolt because the length is dependent on how recessed the coupling was welded in.
- This kit requires that you already an assembly of parts installed in your vessel that would present a vertical 1/2" NPT female thread to thread this unit into.
- Put a few turns of teflon tape on the threads of the sightglass bushing and thread it in the fitting is snug and leak free.
None. The standard calibration numbers included with this kit is 2-15 gallons. If you have a slightly larger vessel than 15 gallons, you can also add an extension strip that will add numbers 16-25 as well as 24 smaller arrows for 1/2 gallon increments below. If you would like to substitute 5-60 numbers for Litres, you must select "substitute 5-60 litres" in the dropdown below and click the "add to cart" button separately.
It is also highly recommended that you add at least one 20" long, 1/4" diameter nylon brush to your order for occassional cleaning of the interior of the entire sight tube (use with water or your favorite kettle cleaning detergent). $3.25