Model: LTSK or LTSP - $53
This kit is based off the popular TK/TP weldless kits but is upsized to 1/2" NPT hardware to accomodate larger vessel holes and the 3" dial thermo with a 6" long probe. The whole kit is more bulky than the TK/TP kits but is the only way to get to a 3" dial face on the thermometer. This kit will work on either conversted Sanke kegs (LTSK) or straight sided pots (LTSP).
- 19" Polycarbonate Tubing rated to 250F threaded into a stainless bushing (basically the model SB kit). The tubing will exend approximately 20.5" above the centerpoint of your welded in coupling). If you need a longer length for larger vessels, you can specify a 24" tube on the custom page or contact up for longer lengths.
- 1/2" NPT SS Tee
- Weldless assembly
- 3" Dial Face Thermometer, 6" probe length, 20-240F (Celcius marks as well), 1% of range accuracy. Recalibration screw on the back.
- Black Vinyl Numbers for each gallon mark from 2 to 15.(5-50 liter also available, see below)
- 1/4" x 4" SS eyebolt.
NOTE: the picture on the right does not show the weldless bulkhead portion of the kit but it IS included.
- Drill a 13/16" hole in the lower sidewall of your vessel. From there, the kit will install almost exactly like the directions for the smaller kit as seen in the install video here. The only added step is threading the sight glass with bushing into the tee with some teflon tape on the threads. Again, the silicone sealing washer goes on the OUTSIDE of the vessel between the tee and vessel wall. Do not attempt to redesign these kits or think you have a better way to install ;-)
- The standard calibration numbers included with this kit is 2-15 gallons. If you have a slightly larger vessel than 15 gallons, you can also add an extension strip that will add numbers 16-25 as well as 24 smaller arrows for 1/2 gallon increments below. If you would like to substitute 5-60 numbers for Litres, you must select "substitute 5-60 litres" in the dropdown below and click the "add to cart" button separately.
- Select between a converted sanke style keg or straight sided pot. Note that we do not have an option for a bulge style keg such as Coors or Hoff Stevens. See model TKB for that.
It is also highly recommended that you add at least one 20" long, 1/4" diameter nylon brush to your order for occassional cleaning of the interior of the entire sight tube (use with water or your favorite kettle cleaning detergent). $3.25
Please note that sight glass installs, into boil kettles especially, can benefit from use of a heat shield to keep the fittins and tubing from getting overheated. Overheating can lead to wort spurting out of the top of the tube or worse yet, and entire melt down. Some kettle and burner combinations can get by without a shield, but it is relatively inexpensive insurance to add one right from the start rather than incurring an additional shipping charge when you find out that you need one later. If you email us asking why your sight glass is bubbling or spitting, our recommendation will always be to make or buy a heatshield.