This series of dip tubes is based on 1/2" or 5/8" OD thickwalled 304 Stainless Steel tubing bent with a mandrel bender and comes with a stainless compression fitting with 1/2" Male OD threads. The term "Thread-In" means that you already have a bulkhead port installed in your kettle that you will be threading this assembly into. The height of these assemblies is approximately 3.5" from fitting center to bottom of the diptube which is just about right for converted kegs. The depth can be trimmed with a hacksaw or copper tubing cutter if necessary. Keep in mind these are really designed for converted kegs. We highly recommend selecting the 5/8" tube version unless there is a compelling reason to select 1/2" tubing.
- Stainless Compression Fitting with 1/2" NPT male threads on one end and 1/2" or 5/8" OD (select between these tube sizes below) tube compression on the other. In case it is still not clear, this assembly is NOT a weldless bulkhead. If you don't already have a bulkhead or welded coupling on your keg, what you really want is the True Bulkhead with Integrated Diptube.
- Stainless mandrel bent tubing (length varies with options).
- Nylon/Delrin compression sleeve /ferrule for hand-tightenable sealing around the tube.
Select between 1/2" OD and 5/8" OD tubing. Obviously the 5/8" OD will flow a little better and it's recommended if you're using all 1/2" ID hoses or if you're pumping out of the vessel.
Then Select the Length:
- LONG: (see image below) - uses a tube approximately 7.5" long horizontally. We recently started making these long enough to reach the center of a keg even if the coupling is welded to the exterior of the keg, flush with the inside. If your coupling is midpoint welded or mostly inside the keg, the diptube will extend past the center of the dish unless you shorten it. This was the best way to accomodate all possible install varieties without having to swap out parts.
- SHORT (see image below) - uses a shortened tube due to the added depth of a typical weldless bulkhead. Hey, if you have a fresh keg and you're looking to install a diptube like this, please consider the diptube with integrated compression fitting.